Does your current home meet your present and future needs? Think about what you are looking for in a new home and why you want to move in the first place.
4 reasons to upgrade to a larger home:
After a small starter home, many couples with growing families want more room to spread out. They are looking for a home that will hold the growing members of their household and all of their belongings.
- more space for a growing family (larger kitchen and living areas, extra bathrooms)
- change of lifestyle (want or need a playroom, nursery, additional bedrooms, home office, home theater, etc.)
- extra space for entertaining friends and family
- larger yard for children and pets
4 reasons to downsize to a smaller home:
Empty nesters and retirees don’t want to spend the time, effort, and money it takes to maintain a larger home. They are often eager to divert more of their attention to other pursuits, including recreation and travel.
- our home
- easier to maintain (repairs, cleaning)
- cheaper to maintain (lower mortgage, insurance, taxes, heating, cooling, electricity)
- good opportunity to declutter
Landis Reed Homes builds new homes in the Charlotte, NC area. No matter what your stage of life–growing family, empty nesters, or retirees–they will work with you to design a custom home that meets your needs.